Wednesday, June 19, 2019

An Introduction

I've been considering coming back to blogging for a long time. Here's the thing...

I'm terrible at it. I don't like to focus on one subject, I like to ramble, but I feel like I've got nothing to say.

But lately, I've realized that I have value and that what I say matters whether anyone reads it or not.

Before I go into what I'm thinking for this blog, let me tell you a little bit about me.

I am a dad, a co-parent, a boyfriend, a son, a pop-culture junkie, a thinker, budding productivity and organization nerd, a reader, a comic book fan, an improviser, a storyteller, a cook, a gamer, a friend, an empath and an extreme extrovert. I'm a mental health advocate suffering from General Anxiety Disorder. I'm a weight loss surgery patient who is constantly trying to live a normal life while working on my health. That's me wrapped in a sweet package with the funny pages used for wrapping paper (God, I loved when people did that)...and I bet there are lots of other small packages inside that I didn't think about. It'll be like when my dad's family through all the wrapping paper into the fire on Christmas morning only to learn later that they had also tossed 7 envelopes with $100 bills into the fire inadvertently, but hopefully less costly and tragic.

This blog is going to go all over the place, but you can expect to find my pithy musings on being a dad, co-parenting, mental health, pop culture, my day to day goings on, life, the universe, and everything.

In our next installment...how, this blog got its name.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment